The College values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity. We aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Why work for us?
Girton College is one of the University of Cambridge’s 31 constituent colleges, admitting undergraduate and postgraduate students. The College was founded in 1869 as the first residential institution for the higher education of women. It was also the first of the Oxbridge women’s Colleges to go mixed and is distinctive today not only for its gender balance but also for its commitment to inclusion, equality and diversity. There are almost 900 matriculated students, over one third of whom are postgraduates, together with a community of around 138 academic Fellows and around 135 operational staff.
The main College site has Grade 2* listed heritage buildings, which stand in 50 acres of gardens and grounds, based two miles north-west of the Cambridge city centre, offering a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. Swirles Court, is a purpose-built postgraduate complex around ten minutes’ walk away, on University of Cambridge’s North West Cambridge Development at Eddington.
In October 2019, we became an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
What we can offer you:
- 34 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Free on-site parking.
- Free use of our gym and indoor heated swimming pool (plus, other onsite sporting facilities).
- Free lunches.
- Generously enhanced pension.
- Plus, other benefits commensurate with working for a large Cambridge University College.
- College Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Dignity at Work Policy
- How we use your information - Applicants for employment, College memberships and academic appointments
- Recruitment of reoffenders
All current job vacancies are listed below: